GACD has been working the past 12 months to put in place an Alternative Plan Review Program. This Alternative Plan Review Program will allow Conservation Districts (Districts) to offer an alternative technical procedure for completing the District’s responsibility to review erosion and sediment control plans. GACD will begin this program April 1, 2019.
• GACD and Districts execute a Memorandum of Understanding documenting the
procedure for GACD to assist the District in its responsibility to review erosion and
sediment control plans.
• GACD has obtained a group of third party independent qualified erosion control plan
review consultants (Consultants), which may vary from time to time, to provide this plan
• Consultants selected by GACD must be prequalified with the GSWCC as a Design
Professional and Level II Certified Plan Reviewer. Currently, GACD has approved eight
design professionals as Consultants for the Alternative Plan Review Program. GACD will
consider requests for additional Consultants at each GACD board meeting.
• Consultants are required to review plans within 10 business days.
*If you are interested in becoming a Consultant, please email Executive Director Katie Sponberger at firstname.lastname@example.org .
• Consultants will perform these services a fixed fee of $600 ($400 if disturbed area is less
than 5 acres). Consultant’s Plan Review Fee will be a fixed lump sum price and shall
include the initial plan review and two additional reviews.
The Alternative Plan Review Program will allow ALL Districts across Georgia, in both
urban and rural areas, a means to complete the District’s responsibility to review erosion and
sediment control plans in an effective and timely manner.
If you have any comments or suggestions, please email Katie Sponberger (katie@GACD.us) prior to March 15, 2019. GACD will finalize these documents and initiate the Alternative Plan Review Program on April 1, 2019.