CENTRAL GEORGIA CONSERVATION DISTRICT
The Central Georgia Conservation District was organized on February 17, 1940, and was originally comprised of Johnson, Washington, and Wilkinson Counties. The very first District Supervisors were H. Grady Hatcher of Wrightsville, Marvin Gross of Sandersville, E. V. Metts of Sandersville, Morris T. Riner of Meeks, and Thomas A. Brundidge of Irwinton. The Central Georgia District continued to grow within the next 5 years, adding the counties of Twiggs and Bleckley in 1941, Laurens in 1943, and, finally, Dodge in 1945.
Now, the Central Georgia District is thriving with 7 counties and a board with 14 members. There are 7 elected supervisors each serving 4-year term, and 7 appointed supervisors each serving a 2-year term.
The Central Georgia Conservation District is an agency of the state government, tasked with providing conservation programs to the people of the counties they serve. The Supervisors are locals, elected and appointed to make decisions on conservation, and work with government employees who provide the technical assistance these landowners and managers need. The Central Georgia District Supervisors are dedicated to conserving our land’s natural resources and providing the knowledge necessary to do so.
Supervisors Not Pictured: Paul English
Eastman Field Office
With her B.S. in Agriculture from ABAC, Lindsay brings extensive and valuable technical knowledge to the Central Georgia District team. As a strong advocate for community involvement, she also brings nearly 5 years of leadership and youth outreach experience to the team.
Erin Hunt grew up in Washington County on her family’s farm. They had goats, horses, chickens, and cows. She was home schooled, and participated in 4-H.
She has recently moved back to Harrison after living in Macon, Ga for the past four years with her husband. They are looking forward to raising a family in their community.
district projects and events
Conservationist of the Year
Each year for nearly 60 years, the Central Georgia Conservation District bestows a prestigious award to a resident of each county that it represents. Recipients of the award have demonstrated exemplary conservation practices and are shining examples in their community.
The Central Georgia Conservation District meets the third Thursday of every month at 11:00 AM at the Cloverleaf Restaurant in Dublin, Georgia, located at 425 Central Dr, East Dublin, GA 31027. To access previous meeting minutes and documents, please click below.
contact central georgia conservation district
Erin Hunt, District Program Assistant
Phone: (478) 552-6073 Ext 3
Lindsay Sapp, District Program Assistant
Phone: (478) 220-3225